Accounts for customers living outside of Japan (non-residents) are usually not permitted by bitbank.
However we do provide accounts for corporate entities registered outside of Japan, given the following conditions.
- A prepaid service fee of USD 100 worth of Bitcoin for onboarding (calculated based on the hourly BTC-USD rate)
- Provision of official corporate and personal documentation which includes:
- Corporate certificate
- Materials that show shareholder composition
- Articles of incorporation
- Licence of identification, certifying the present address of the company representative, such as a passport
- Personal (non-corporate) accounts for non-Japanese-residents are not accepted.
- Corporations from countries and jurisdictions with weak measures to combat money laundering and terrorist financing (AML/CFT) are strictly prohibited.
- We may also rule out countries that require licensing or those we may deem unfavorable based on legal or demographical tendencies.
- bitbank only supports Japanese Yen among fiat currencies.
Additionally, when using the exchange, you will not be able to withdraw your assets in Japanese Yen, and only in cryptocurrencies.
Steps to create an International Enterprise Account
1. Send an email to bitbank’s business development department with the following information:
country of company registration
country in which you or your trade representative operates
trade purpose (proprietary trade, arbitrage, etc. )
estimated monthly trade volume
2. bitbank will provide instructions for onboarding, along with a list of official corporate and personal documentation, as listed above.
3. Once all the information has been approved, we will send you a Bitcoin payment address.
4. Pay the service fee of USD 100 worth of BTC.
5. After confirming the BTC deposit, we will send you letters of confirmation to verify your location. Once the letters arrive, you will be approved of a corporate account.
Please note that it may take several business days to complete your registration.
If you wish to open an account based on the steps listed above, or if you may have any further questions, please contact